Thursday, September 25, 2008

Corin (Lancaster) Mehringer

You may remember me here: (Sorry Andrea I didn't have one by myself)

After graduation I went to Truman State University. After three years with no major I finally picked Communication Disorders.

In the Spring of 2001 I went to visit Sara (Slaughter) Smith on spring break in Virginia Beach. While there I met Stephen Mehringer.

He was stationed on the same ship as Sara's husband Marc.
In October 2002 were married.He was deployed shortly after and I stayed in Kirksville to finish my degree.


I graduated in Dec. of 2002. It took me five years and I ended up with a degree I had no intention of using, but I did it I suppose that's the important part.

Once Steve got back from his deployment we moved to Bremerton, Washington for the Navy. We loved living in the Pacific Northwest. It was very senic and it never gets to hot or to cold there. Sara and her husband were stationed not to far away from us, so it was nice to have someone from home close by.
The beach on the West Coast is a totaly different experience then on the East Coast.



I like the West Coast better.



















This picture is from my first camping trip ever. I'm not a camper but I have to admit this scenery helped.












Here we are at Marc and Sara's Halloween party. Sara is so good at hosting parties (as you may remember). One of the things I miss the most about living there is being able to go to there house for parties or just to play cards.



Steve got out of the Navy in the Spring of 2006. We wanted to move within driving distance of both our families, so we started looking for jobs closer to home. We were both lucky enough to get jobs in Kirksville before we left Washington. We weren't really planning on being this close to home but things just seemed to fall into place. So In February we left and took our time moving back, snaking through California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas ... I can't even remember, we hit a lot of states, I know that. The great thing about the Navy is they pack all of your stuff and move it for you door to door, which is awsome.


This is from Valley of the Giants in California.

So now Steve is a System Administrator for the Bank of Kirksville and I am the Office Manager for SunBrite Laundry. We recently bought a house West of Kirksville on Hwy 6 and we love it. And in July of 2007 we had our handsome baby boy Levi Jacob. (I swear when I named him I didn't know that was the name of Nick's little boy.)



























I almost forgot our other child. Winnie Cooper our Deuchson/Jack Russell mix. She is cute but not nearly as well behaved as Levi. But she is his best friend so what can we do. Levi chases her everywhere and laughs at everything she does.

























So here we are. I hope it wasn't to many pictures. They are my favorite part of over people's blog so I wanted to have lots. I'll update you with any exciting changes. But I've got to warn you, we are very boring so don't count on hearing from me for awhile.

3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

WOW...that was great. Thanks for posting...I loved all of the pics, your right, that is the best part of blogs. I'm so glad you moved closer to home, that's all I could think about while reading your post!

Angie said...

Very good Corin! Loved the pictues and hearing about how you guys met. Now you need to start your own blog page.

Fr IMD said...

Hello. My name is Ian Delinger. I knew Stephen when we were Freshmen at NMSU. Just wanted to say HI to Stephen. If he wants to say HI back, he can email me on ianmdelinger@aol.com