Monday, March 2, 2009

Updates for Everyone



Ok here goes my blogging! I started working at the Bloomfield Care Center immediately following graduation. I got married to Cameron Miller in June of 1999. We bought our first house in January 2000, here in Lancaster. It was a very small house and we soon decided that it was too small for us. We sold it and bought an even smaller trailer house, with the intentions of moving a double wide home into its place. Before we got that accomplished, the opportunity for us to buy my Grandpa's home came up and we jumped at the chance. We bought that house in May 2003. The house had alot of sentimental value to me, but was starting to need alot of major attention. We sold that home in June 2008 and are currently renting a trailer home in Lancaster.




On August 12 2006, we were blessed with a beautiful healthy baby girl. We named her Chelsea Marie. She weighed in at 6 lbs 4 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long, with a full head of black hair. Chelsea was a very good baby, sleeping through the night (6 hours) at birth. She gave me lots of scares during my pregnancy, but everything turned out perfect. Today she is a very healthy vocal 2 year old-must get that from her daddy. HaHa. On her first birthday we got a very special surprise.


On April 4 2008 we were blessed with a second child, a handsome healthy baby boy. We named him Marcus Dean. He weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. All though it took us 7 years to get our daughter, it didn't take long for our son. He was the surprise I was telling you about earlier. He was also born with a full head of black hair. A very good baby, sleeping 4 hours at night, he was a much bigger eater than his sister. I had contractions the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy with him, and made many trips to Columbia thinking he was ready to come out. Today he is a very healthy 11 month old, with a very short temper. HaHa.

Currently I am working at Excel in Ottumwa, Iowa. I have been there for 5 years now. Cameron works construction (laying water and sewer lines) and travels a great deal of the time. This June we will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary. We currently reside in Lancaster, with no intentions of moving away from here. We are looking to buy some land to build a new home on, soon I hope. I guess that about sums up my life after high school. Will post at a later date.

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Awesome job! We had a surprise number 2 also, and what a testimony to patience as you waited 7 years for Chelsea! I wish you luck on your house/land plans. Thanks for posting and keep us updated!

Corin said...

Thanks for posting. Very cute kids. I had no idea you tried for 7 years for Chelsea. Congratulations.